Sign in to follow this  
antonella

Can't access video controls on feature banner when adding text

antonella

Hello, I've added a video to one of my feature banners. However, it's not clear that you have to hit the pause button to be able to view the video. Otherwise it just rotates to the next banner. So, I've added a text overlay on the bottom of the video to give instructions on hitting the pause button and then clicking on the video to play. However, this overlay prevents the user from accessing the video controls (for example, forwarding the video, enlarging the screen, etc.). Is there anyway to enable text but get access to the controls? (Also, I've tried placing the text on the sides, but this cuts off the video and doesn't allow access on a portion of the controls hidden). The site is http://www.jazzchoreographyenterprises.org/site. Thanks.

catrina
I think the text overlay can be edited using CSS so that it makes the video controls accessible. Perhaps the text can stay at the bottom, but be moved up so that the controls aren't blocked. Would that be okay?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Rob
I see your problem. My only suggestion is to go to Dashboard > PlatformPro > Feature Settings and scroll to the very bottom. Check the box to Remove Transition Syncing. See if that works.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Rob
Actually, going on what Catrina just said, our demo shows the video without any text overlay. I suspect it's because the text is clickable and would result in the lack of control. Also try editing that slide to change the setting for text to Full Width Image or Media - No Text.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur