Sign in to follow this  
yoda17

Changing page title font size on blog page

yoda17

I changed the font size of the titles on my blog page using this code: a.site-title, .entry-title a, .entry-title a:hover, .widget-title a:hover, h3.widget-title a:hover { color: black;font-size: 30px;} I have two full length post then magazine posts. This code changes both the page titles of the full length posts and magazine lists. I would like to keep the page title of the full length posts at 30px but bring the font size of the magazine pagetitles to maybe 20pix. How can I change the independently? I'm guessing it has something to do with ".widget-title a:hover, h3.widget-title a:hover" but I want to now exactly what to do. my site is www.southfloridabassguides.com Thanks!

Jenny
You can try using: h4.entry-title a {font-size:20px !important;}

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

yoda17
That did it. But there is a lot of space in between the lines. Any way to decrease the line spacing? And I'll say thins again - you guys are awesome for all this help. :)

catrina
Add this directly after !important; in the code Jenny provided: [code]line-height: 25px;[/code] Increase the value until you get it the way you want.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

yoda17
Didn;t work... here's exactly what I put in... h4.entry-title a {font-size:20px !important;line-height: 25px;}

catrina
I thought you wanted to increase the line spacing. Oops. Try this: [code]h4.entry-title a {font-size:20px !important;line-height: 15px;}[/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

yoda17
Tried decreasing the number all the way down to "1px" and the spacing doesn't change. The font size does.

yoda17
Nothing! Here's exactly what I used: h4.entry-title a {font-size:20px !important;line-height: 5px !important;} I tried several px values and no change.

Jenny
Try this: [code].clip .entry-title, h4.entry-title a { font-size: 20px !important; line-height: 100%; }[/code] I also noticed that some of your clips don't have images. For images to show, you need to make sure each of your posts has a featured image selected.

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

Jenny
PS. Change the 100% figure to lower or raise the line height to get it how you want. :)

yoda17
That worked!!!!! I don't have images for some of the clips because when I first started the site I had no clue what I was doing and didn't know what a feature image was. LOL Now all I have to do is increase the thumbnail image size and get post excerpts on the magazine clips.

Jenny
Good! And lots of people don't use featured images until they learn that they need them. lol :) There is a plugin out there that goes through all of your posts and makes an image within the post a featured image. That may come in useful for you. Unfortunately I don't remember the name of it. If you consider this topic closed, please accept an answer. Otherwise let us know if we can help further. Thanks!

yoda17
I still need help with increasing the thumbnail image size and get post excerpts on the magazine clips.