Sign in to follow this  
amah_lafabriquedustyle

Losing shortcodes functionnality in category view but not in post view

amah_lafabriquedustyle

Hello, I've got a plug-in, called "photo galleria", that replaces the native WP gallery for posts, with another way of presenting the images from the post and its gallery. The

[gallery]

shortcode is what triggers the replacement from the native WP image gallery to the plug-in rendering of the gallery. When called from the post, the gallery of the post displays the rendering from the plug-in. But when in category view (ie., category page), the shortcode is treated as a normal native WP gallery. My problem is inconsistency. To better understand the problem, here is the site for which i have the problem. Example site with category view: http://sven-cosnuau.info/category/lestrucs/ Example site with single post view: http://sven-cosnuau.info/2011/08/un-air-de-savile-row-a-paris/ Thanks for the help you can bring into this.

Rob
It would appear you've done some serious customization to this plugin. Their live demo provides that if you click on the image, it takes you to the image, not the page. Didn't the NextGen gallery work for you? PlatformPro is already configured to work with that.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

amah_lafabriquedustyle
My problem with nextGen is that i don't it know too much, not how to customize his appearance and behaviour (having previous / next button instead of the carousel of images in which to choose from)... This plugin, photo galleria, is visually nice, degrades well (well too well in this case...) and does the hardwork all by himself. I didn't customize it heavily: the demo site is just one version of it, i just configured it in a different mode, that's all. I'll try to test another theme to see if its normal WP behaviour or platform pro. I didn't think about testing that first, i'll do that now.

amah_lafabriquedustyle
Ok, that's not the theme, the default theme for wordpress has the same behaviour. I'll ask for support with the plugin support team. Sorry.

Rob
No problem.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur