Sign in to follow this  
garethdaine

Forum Navigation Tab Not Highlighting...

garethdaine

Hi Folks, I have bbPress installed, configured and working correctly and I have created a page which links to the forum and is displayed in the navigation. The only problem is, when you are on the forum page the nav item is not highlighted like the other nav items are. It's missing the 'current_page_item' class. The only menu item that has a class while on the forum page is the blog page, which has 'current_page_parent'. Obviously, I'd like the forum tab to be highlighted for usability and consistency. Can anyone help please. Thanks. Regards Gareth

catrina
Add this code to see if it makes a difference: [code]ul#menu-nav li.current_page_parent {background-color: #f0f0f0;}[/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

garethdaine
That would simply highlight the Blog nav item.

garethdaine
I've done it using: ul#menu-nav li.page-item-15 {background-color: #f0f0f0;}

garethdaine
Tell a lie, that makes it always highlighted.

Rob
Its a start... May we have a link so we can see what's happening... and kindly point out where and what you wish changed. Thanks! We'll be happy to help.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

garethdaine
Hi Rangelone, The website is still under development but can be found here at http://www.amigojoemusic.com/. Basically, when you click on the 'Forum' nav item it's not highlighted like the rest of the menu items. Cheers Gareth

Jenny
For some reason your "group forums" menu item shows as active but the "forum" menu item does not. Are the two set up differently? Another odd thing is that when I'm on the "forum" page, it shows the "blog" page as the forum page's parent (not visually, but rather in the CSS). You can also look at the breadcrumbs to see that they are different somehow. You can try using one of the following but if it doesn't work, then I'm out of ideas. I know there is a bug that doesn't show category posts pages with an active menu color either (which I can't fix with CSS). Try each one separately: [code]ul#menu-nav.main-nav li.page-item-15 a:active {background-color: #f0f0f0;}[/code] [code]ul#menu-nav.main-nav li.current_page_item {background-color: #f0f0f0;}[/code] [code]ul#menu-nav.main-nav li.current_page_parent {background-color: #f0f0f0;}[/code]

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

garethdaine
Hi, Thanks for the help but they didn't work.

garethdaine
Hi, I've just noticed that when you click on the 'Forum' tab it highlights the tab for a second and then it goes. Hmmm.

catrina
I can't access your site because it requires a username/password. Can you provide a guest login?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

garethdaine
Hey, It's OK, I've removed the forum because I've been having trouble getting the integration to work between BuddyPress 1.5 RC1 and bbPress (Plugin Version) 2.0 RC4