Sign in to follow this  
buddha

Header Image Mis-Aligned to Right

buddha

when I upload a custom image, regardless of size (960 px, 950 px, 945px....), it slightly mis-aligns to the right. any suggestions?

bevj
Link would be handy. But there it is probably a margin or padding issue. Use firebug and firefox to source out the problem

Jenny
@bevj is exactly correct. If you provide a link, we can help you fix it.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

ilonka65
I'm having this exact same problem, I hope you can help me:) http://angelpresses.com/

ilonka65
ok, I figured something out, if you use Firebug to change the padding in
to 0px and change your image size to no wider than 930px (size of this wrap), that will center the image. Now if someone knows how to take header image all the way to right & left edges so there's no page showing on either side of header and header can sit all the way to edges of page..... maybe I need to get rid of padding & border altogether, and if so how?

catrina
Right now I can't see an image in the branding section so I can't determine how it can be adjusted to reach all edges. Did you remove it temporarily?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

ilonka65
Hi Catrina I have changed the page colour so you can see the issue... I look forward to getting some help with this:)

catrina
Ah, I mistook your header image for a static feature image. Here is the CSS you should add to Custom Code > Custom CSS: [code]img.mainlogo-img {width: 980px; margin-left: -25px;}[/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

ilonka65
Hi Catrina We are almost there now...thank you so much! Please check it, its still a little off on rhs I have been trying to do all kinds of things from the video tutorials without success eg; #texture, #content-pad, #padding, #icons {display:none;} I hope I didn't mess anything up in firebug, the padding is crossed out even after I removed my rules which didn't work anyway, I never would have thought to do what you suggested...I guess I will get better at this (btw, I love cats too, he's a lilac Burmese... I woke up at 2am because he brought in a rat under my bed & was growling, its now 5am in Australia:)

ilonka65
this is what I mean in firebug, 2nd repeat is crossed out: .fixed_width #branding .content-pad { padding: 20px 15px 15px;} pro.cs...1132759 (line 12) #branding .content-pad { padding: 25px 0 25px 15px;} style.css (line 402)

ilonka65
yes, I have added your code and removed mine

catrina
The Firebug changes don't get saved when you're using it to view adjustments on your site. What exactly are you trying to adjust now?

Designer | Catrina Dulay

ilonka65
If you look at the site, you can see the changes I made with your help have almost fixed it but not quite... there's still some border/padding on rhs of image

ilonka65
purrfect...thank you so much (*) Imagine a cat smiley here