Sign in to follow this  
johnwake

How do you move the byline to the bottom of posts?

johnwake

Right now the byline is just below the post title.

Jenny
Please view this post for your answer: http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/comment/58665#Comment_58665

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

johnwake
I added something along the lines of add_action('pagelines_loop_after_post_content','move_byline'); function move_byline() { ?> By on

johnwake
At the bottom of themes/platformbase/functions.php Thanks.

Kate
Hey John, Please try this instead: [code]add_action('pagelines_loop_after_post_content','move_byline'); function move_byline() { ?> By on

evasj
Hi Kate I added your text in my Costum Code, but it did not work. By the way, I only want to have "Comments" from the Byline, in the bottom on the post. Will you please take a look on my blogg, and see if I can do something. :)

Rob
Eva, That code Kate posted doesn't go into Custom Code. You have to copy it, then paste it to the bottom of functions.php located in wp-content/themes/platformbase. Once you have that code in functions.php, it should work.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

evasj
Thank you rangelone, it's work! BUT, the "comments" is not there, and it was mostly the "Comments" I want to the botton of my post. Maybe I just should add some few things in the code......??

Rob
Eva, are you saying you had comments and now you do not? When did you add Disqus?

evasj
No, I had comments (Disqus), but I want to have the word "comments" in the byline, on the bottom on my page. My byline in the top on my post is looking that way; "by eva on 10. november 2011 ?· 0 Comments ?· in Helse, Oppskrifter" I want the same in the bottom, but here is only written; "By eva on 10. november 2011". Hope you see what I mean. :)

Rob
Eva, After [code]By on [/code] add on the same line [code] [/code] Let me know how that works. If it doesn't, try replacing that with [code] [/code] Note there's a blank space before each PHP tag. Please copy and include that so that the date does not overlap the comments.

evasj
Thank you rangelone for all your help. But your codes do not work. I have tryed bouth combinitons, but no one has work. By the way, the code Kate wrote over, "By on , dont get the author (eva) as a link.