Sign in to follow this  
james341

Add video to feature in my home page - need help

james341

hey there i looked at page lines platform pro demo : http://www.pagelines.com/demos/platformpro/ and i see there's a way to use this cool player and show video as one of the feature. i want to ask: 1. how do i do it? i went to create new feature but i don't see how to make it 2. what size do i need the video to be to fill all the feature box 3. is there a way to make the video start in the minute the site is up? thanks

Jenny
1. If you look at the sample features that are pre-installed with PlatformPro, one of them is a YouTube video. But just in case you deleted it, you would put the embed code (recommended to use the old embed code) in the "Feature Media HTML (Youtube, Flash etc...)" box on your feature. 2. The side depends on the content size of your site. For reference, the pre-installed YouTube feature has width="960" height="330" for dimensions. 3. I'm not sure what you mean exactly. Are you trying to have the video auto play when your page is loaded? If so, YouTube may have those options available when you get the embed code. If not, I'm sure it can be done with javascript, I just don't know how because I don't know javascript. :) Hope that helps!

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

james341
The video I'm talking about is not from YouTube. In the demo in pagelines site it's some kind of player and not YouTube . I have the video on my computer. So I appreciate your answer but I didn't got an answer :) Thanks

catrina
The video player in the demo is Vimeo - it's a video hosting/sharing site just like YouTube (except more visually appealing). You can get a Vimeo account and upload your video there and you'll have to upgrade if you want more space.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

james341
OK great and can you tell me if there's a way to make the video start in the moment the site is up?

Rob
Once your video is up and running, and linked into your feature slider, properly sized, of course, then you use Custom Post Types to make sure the video is the first one that appears.... once that's done, we can discuss the timing of your slide.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

catrina
I think that is a setting that you implement for the video itself (the Vimeo video settings - where you choose options for the video and set it up so that it autoplays).

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse