Sign in to follow this  
issyb

footer link

issyb

Hi there, I have uploaded a footer image. When clicked the link goes back to the homepage. I want the link to go to another site entirely however there is no option through the footer option in the control panel to control the url of the link. Site is albertomartinlab.ca Thanks, Matt

Rob
Which theme are you using?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Rob
Did you look at the Footer in Dashboard > Appearance > Widgets in the Footer Sidebar? You should have five text widgets there, each with the content appearing in your footer. The first should contain the image via a standard URL, which you should be able to change.

Jenny
If you don't like the way your footer is appearing, you can select which footer section you want to appear in Template Setup -> Site Footer. Then customize from there. For example, if you choose the 5 column footer, you can then go in to your Widgets panel and drag/drop whatever you want to appear in the footer. If you want the image to link to a different location, you could create a text widget with the applicable image and link.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

issyb
hmm. I think see what you are saying. As I understand you are talking about the 5 column footer option. I can see how that would work. but I am actually using the "simple nav footer" not the "5 column footer widget". Is there a way with the simple nav to control the logo image's link URL?

issyb
Thanks simple_mama but see my comment above. I don't really want to use 5 columns. Perhaps there is a way to configure it to look like the simple footer and still be able to edit the link of the logo? Not sure...

Jenny
I believe you can do that using a custom template but I'm not 100% sure (keep reading). I'm still learning the customizing end of things. :) The file you would need to edit is "section.footer_nav.php" but [b]don't[/b] edit it in PlatformPro. In fact, I'm not even sure if that's one that can be copied over to PlatformBase or not. I hope someone else can chime in here because I need to learn how to do this.

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

issyb
Thanks simple_mama sounds complicated! Ha! So I found where I change the url in the document. I guess I can just hard code the url in. I assume you are saying not to do it in Platform Pro because it will get over riden when I update the theme? Yes? If I was to copy it to Platform Base what would I need to change so that document was recognized rather than the one ion platform Pro? .... or am I totally off base? Thanks,, MM

Jenny
You are exactly correct. And yes, the reason you shouldn't update the Pro file is because it will change when an update occurs. You can definitely try copy/pasting the file into the Base theme folder (via FTP or your host) and changing what you need. That *should* work but I have never tried it so I don't know for sure. Please let me know if it does! :)

tufts_16
Did anyone ever figure this one out? I'm still trying to get my footer logo to go to a different homepage than the PlatformPro blog site! Any advice would be great!

Rob
Tufts, setting the link in the footer image should simply be a matter of dropping 5 widgets into your footer sidebar. I say 5 because it's structured as a 5 column space. You can add 5 text widgets. In the top one, you may include an image link, with a hypertext link to anywhere you'd like it to go. If you don't want content in the others, leave the text widgets blank, but press the spacebar to create a space that acts as a placeholder. You can also place different widgets there if that's not what you wish.