Sign in to follow this  
sglanville

Left margin problem

sglanville

I am running the most recent version of Platform Pro. My left margin will not stay at the designated 988 width. It happens constantly. I know there is a post that states what to do but I cannot locate it. Can you provide the solution-thanks!

Rob
Hi. Go to Dashboard > PlatformPro > Misc. Settings and scroll down till you reach [b]Inline Dynamic CSS[/b] and check the box. Go back to the Layout Editor. Make sure that the general template you want is the same in both the diagram sets ... then try to adjust as you wish and save. See if that works.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

sglanville
Catrina-haven't used any custom CSS to fix the problem -do you have a CSS to enter in? Rangelone-I cannot locate a Misc. Settings off of Platform Pro and cannot locate anything that say Inline Dynamic CSS

Rob
On Dashboard > Platform Pro, there's a list of components with a grey background. The heading says "PlatformPro Settings"... Left side of that grey area there are tabs.. Next to the last one should be Misc. Settings. Are you using PlatformBase or PlatformPro as your activated theme?

sglanville
See below -there is no misc. setting - perhaps I don't have the latest version - YIKES! I am currently using PlatformBase 1.0.4 Welcome Global Options Template Setup Layout Editor Design Control Header And Nav Blog And Posts Sidebar Options Footer Options Text And Fonts Custom Code Feature Settings Box Settings Carousel Settings

Rob
Before you upgrade, make sure you save all your customized files like functions.php, and any section. and template. files to your local computer and copy your custom css to a notepad text file. You should be on 1.4.1

sglanville
Is there just 1 upgrade I need to do or many? I cannot recall seeing any upgrades on the dashboard or my email - where would the information be posted?

Jenny
The updates are usually posted in the forum but you can also check your dashboard. The latest version with always be included in the "read me" file. You should check that both PlatformPro and PlatformBase are up to date. (Version numbers are always shown on the Wordpress Themes page.) As @rangleone stated, make sure you save any custom files (including css files) that you have modified. And also make sure you export your theme settings so you can import them if needed after your update.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

sglanville
Coming back around to this problem again. I've upgraded to PlatformBase 1.4.1 and PlatformPro 1.5.3 and checked the inline dynamic CSS and the problem remains. The problem can be caused by making a change anywhere in WordPress, adding a new user, changing a link, changing something in PlatformPro, pretty much anything. Frustratingly though, it is random. other information: PlatformBase is the current theme. I'm not using any custom css to fix this, to my knowledge, but its possible that some of the custom css is interacting with it.