Sign in to follow this  
thomstark

Style Font in Search Field

thomstark

Hi. I'm having a lot of trouble figuring out how to style my font in the search field for the search widget. I need to change the font, font-size, and most importantly need to indent the text about 10 or 15px to the right. See here: notetoselfmovie.com Thanks in advance for any help!

thomstark
All right. I worked it out 100%. This can be closed. I found the search style code from the pro css and just threw it in the custom css and made whatever changes, as follows (for posterity): .searchform { position:relative; background: url("http://notetoselfmovie.com/wp-content/themes/platformbase/images/search-field.png") top left no-repeat; height:38px; width:147px; } .searchform .searchfield, #forumsidebar input.forumsearchfield{ font-family: "courier new"; font-size: 13px; } .searchform .searchfield{ height: 13px; padding: 7px 30px 5px 7px; width: 103px; } .searchform input { margin-top:10px; margin-left:10px; position:relative; overflow:hidden; font-variant:normal; font-weight:normal; line-height:normal; } .searchform input.submit { margin-top:10px; margin-right:-3px; padding:0; position:absolute; right:8px; top:4px; height:17px; width:17px; }

Rob
By any chance did you look at Dashboard > PlatformPro > Typography and select an alternate font in the sections labelled [b]Typography - Inputs and Textareas[/b]

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

thomstark
I did. But that didn't work, although originally I was working on the sidebar widget search. It didn't work for that. It probably works for the hooked one, but this saves me having to make all forms conform to this font.