Sign in to follow this  
chemmiz

Sidebar and Boxes

chemmiz

So I am trying to set up a page that has content followed by boxes with just images and I want the side bar to still work on the right hand side. When I add the side bar it pushes the boxes down to the bottom of the sidebar. Can I fix that? http://gc4vets.org/thank-yous/

Rob
Try this... [code].dcol_2 { float: left; margin-left: 20px; width: 200px; } #soapbox .clear{display:none} [/code] Or [code]#soapbox .dcol_container_2 { float: left; width: 750px; }[/code] In the last option, change the width to the width of your content area or adjust it to consider the padding.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

chemmiz
No luck. The existence of the sidebar pushes the boxes down still

Rob
Since the boxes are actually quite tough to configure, have you considered using tables? A table would be totally within the content area without changing your code. Are these boxes, by the way, or soapboxes? Try this though, in the meantime. [code]#dcol div.container_2 {width: XXXpx;} #dcol-area {width: XXXpx}[/code]

chemmiz
regular ol' boxes. It just seemed simpler to keep each box, but I will try the table!

Rob
Start by reading and learning from this... http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_table.asp