Sign in to follow this  
rweiss

themes area can't find platform base

rweiss

I updated platformpro and realized when the site was not taking my style changes to the platformbase stylesheet that platformbase was not even showing up as the selected theme. I reinstalled the base file and it still doesn't show. So I reinstalled the pro files, and still no show. I get the "Unable to locate the main framework files! Make sure the parent theme folder is named correctly." message on the site. The theme page actually shows twentyten as the active theme - weird. What else can I do to get this to get back to working? Rick

Simon
You are using the wrong folder names.. main theme files have to be in folder themes/platformpro and the child theme in themes/platformbase they HAVE to be lowercase

rweiss
I am not sure why you are saying what you are saying - this is exactly what I have. themes/platformbase and themes/platformpro nothing is in upperr/lower case....no names have been changed.

Rob
I've bumped this up to the developers again. Have you installed any plugins? Even if you did not, please try to deactivate all plugins.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Simon
Maybe platformbase is too out of date, is it the latest version?

rweiss
The issue was having the wrong style.css file in platformbase. I was copying it to protect it before upgrade and put the wrong one in the folder, so the platformpro style.css file was loaded to platformbase. Since the stylesheet tells Wordpress what the theme is, it couldn't see platformbase. My error, obviously.

Rob
Glad you found the solution.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur