Sign in to follow this  
afreshup

Remove Social Plugins From Banners & Features

afreshup

Hi, I use Simple fb Connect and STC, plugins to add the like and follow buttons to my posts. The problem is that these like and follow buttons appear on the banners and features when I use these options. I looked for current posts on this issue but couldn't find any. Your help is greatly appreciated ... here is the test page .... http://www.directbanc.com/about/test/ Thanks in advance Monica

kastelic
Do these plugins have any option to select which post types they are activated on? If so deselect all custom post types so you just have "post" selected.

afreshup
Thanks for your reply kastelic, unfortunately all they offer is top, bottom display and on or off .... also, when setting up a banner I am required to enter a title which shows up alongside of the banner, isn't there a way to simply have the banners show up as opposed to the title and plugins? You would think that the banners section would show only banners right?

catrina
It's possible to hide the buttons in banners and features using custom CSS. I looked at the test page but the buttons aren't appearing anywhere. Did you disable them for now?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

afreshup
My bad, yes I disabled them ... the truth is, I can live without the plugins, it's the title that I am having heartburn over ... Is there a way that the banner can show without the title?

Rob
Monica, sorry, I'm new to this discussion, but which title?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

afreshup
Hi Rangelone. When you make a banner to display on a banner page you are required to give that banner a title ..i.e. Firestone Tires. When that banner is displayed, instead of showing just the banner it shows the title of the banner, which really doesn't make sense to me. There has to be a way to disable the banner titles from appearing with the banners???

Jenny
I remember reading that removing the alt attribute from the image may do the trick. Could you try that?

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

kwright
I am having the same problem, Shareaholic's social media icons are showing up in the boxes, and in the features on a page. What would be the custom css to fix that? Thanks