Sign in to follow this  
thomstark

Custom Search Bar Image

thomstark

I've looked for a post on this and haven't found one. How can I use a custom bg image for my search bar, and also make sure to specify the submit button's location? Thanks in advance!

Rob
You can always find the source code for the one you have and place a new one of equal proportions in the same place. However, if this is in PlatformPro (not base) an upgrade will override it. Not sure about the submit button.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

thomstark
Well, I got it to change the submit button the way you suggested, so that's some progress. But I can't find the search field image anywhere. I found some css to force my own custom image to the background, but now it's just sitting behind the original style, as you can see here: www.notetoselfmovie.com Still trying to figure this out.

thomstark
All right. So I figured out what the problem is. Problem is the "primary site element colors" are overriding my custom background. So, the question is, is there a simple way to exclude everything to do with a search form from that color category? If I can swing that, I'll be in heaven.

thomstark
The other thing I'm struggling with is how to change the color of the searchfield text and also indent it further by about 15px.

thomstark
All right, I changed the text-color of the search field. Now I just need to indent the text and figure out if there's an answer to my question two comments back.

Rob
Thom, check this posting... http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/22/need-to-customize-search-box-location/p1

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur