Sign in to follow this  
davecfm

Pictures are out of whack between browsers

davecfm

Hello, Trying to figure out why my pictures on www.farekitchen.com are displayed differently between chrome and firefox. Looks good on chrome but if you scroll half way down in firefox, a couple of photos are hard right. What could be the cause? Thanks all, Dave

Rob
Dave, Do you have Firebug for Firefox? If so please look at your images. Somehow, some tags relating to w3 validation have been added, and have posted dozens of
tags for each picture. Chrome is being forgiving about them because most of the divs are empty. However, Firefox is clearly not. All the photos resized for Chrome are showing up full size in Firefox largely because of this validation. Is this a plugin or did you run the site through validation and allow it to edit or change code?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

davecfm
Hi Rangelone, I do have firebug and was looking through. Which
tags are empty? Not sure how to fix. No plugins for the photos and I never ran it through validation. Thanks, Dave

Rob
Dave, right now, trying to look at your site at 2:20PM EDST and it won't load. Just getting blank space and that comes in very slowly.

Rob
Somehow, some way, a w3c validation was performed and added code to your site. I'm unsure how that happened if you didn't do it. Are there other Admin level users?

Rob
The site's back at 2:26PM

Rob
The DIVs show up when I highlight the image URL in Firebug. A popup line shows up momentarily showing a long list of them. I've never seen it before on other images. See below: [url]http://www.epicurus.com/images/farekitchendivs.png[/url]

davecfm
Oh yeah. I see it now. I also see the w3c validation which I never performed. No one else should have access to my site. Should I be worried? I'll delete the post with the pictures and start new I guess. If you find out anymore info, please share. Thanks, Dave

davecfm
Seems like everything has a ton of div tags.

kastelic
Hi dave, Try validating your site. Just paste your URL into http://validator.w3.org/. Don't worry, there's no way it can affect your site in any way. Ignore everything it comes up with except for "unclosed" or "overlapping" tags. It may give you hints as to the location of this. You will have to check all your HTML for tags that weren't closed or were typed wrong. Even a forgotten ending apostrophe inside one tag can mess up your whole site. I'd check for you but the site appears to be down at the moment.