Sign in to follow this  
andulka

Where to find post date and time in Platform

andulka

I'm evaluating the Platform theme and having some issues with translation. I use the qtranslate plugin and have managed to get it working pretty well with your Station Pro theme. This time most of the theme is automatically translated, but the line under a post title, 'By Admin On 08/09/2011' or something on those lines, doesn't get translated so it looks like I will need to translate it manually in a similar way I did with the other theme. Would appreciate it if you could point me to the right direction as to where to find it. Thanks!

andulka
Yes, at the moment - evaluating to see whether to purchase the full version or not.

catrina
I provided a solution here: http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/comment/67878#Comment_67878

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

andulka
Ok, thanks. So basically every change requires a child theme and the pro version and cannot be tested in advance? In Station Pro it's quite easy to use language tags where the automatic translation fails.

catrina
Yes, changes in files require a child theme. In StationPro, I believe people have been editing the files (even though it's not recommended). It's recommended to create the child theme for the theme for convenience because when you upgrade the theme, your changes in the files get overwritten by the upgraded theme and you end up losing your work. Using a child theme prevents that.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse