Sign in to follow this  
digamama

Creating an index page

digamama

Ugh, so confused...bordering on frustrated! Let's say my site name is sitename.com. I want to create a feature for said site on my index page. I don't want it to be sitename.com/main-feature....(etc.) Or even sitename.com/home. Basically, I want a static homepage. How do I build a home/index page using the features template? So far, I'm only getting blog posts on that page, when I want a static image as a kind of "entry point". Seems to me that the features template is the best way to do that. In summation, here's what I'm trying to do: 1. Create a static index page with a single image or carousel of images 2. Have the address for that page to be the site name, with no sub-folders. Give me the dummy instructions please!

catrina
You need to create a regular page (that uses the feature template) and set it as the static page for your home page by going to General > Reading and selecting it from the drop down list available. That way, the the features template will be showing up on sitename.com with no subpage of any kind,

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse