Sign in to follow this  
tdmc123

Platformpro Control locked after moving blog to new webhost

tdmc123

Hi I have just moved my blog to a new host but the Platformpro control panel seems to be locked and only allows me access to "Feature Settings" can anyone advise how I get around this? Thanks T

Rob
How did you move things? Are you able to see your site?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

tdmc123
I can see the website, I can access my wordpress dashboard everything is working fine, except the platform pro control panel which seems to be stuck on "feature Settings" for some reason. It shouldn't really be a problem unless I need to change something, however I would like the option of doing so at a future date.

Rob
I've asked for developer assistance with this.

Simon
did you wordpress or any other plugins? Can I see a link? I'm sure something in the db is still referencing the old URL

tdmc123
www.myeasygoals.com is the site, can I email you the login?

kastelic
You might want to do a search and replace in your database. Search for your old URL and replace with your new url. There is a plugin that can do this or google how to do it in phpmyadmin.

Simon
Your version is 1.2.3 its well out of date.

tdmc123
I am still having the same problem after updating platformpro and base to latest version. When I attempt to access the plaformpro menu it does nothing and just so that we are clear I switched hosts only, the site is still at the same url. Also, and this is a minor thing, after doing the update the text in the buddypress adin bar is now all in uppercase. Can anyone help on this? Tony

Danny
Hi Tony, Can I ask who was your Host and who is your host now ? Would it be possible for you to give me access to your site, sending me the details via a PM ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

tdmc123
My current host is VPS.net and my previous hoss1&1. I will pm you login details Thanks

Danny
Hi Tony, After viewing your site I noticed you have a Javascript error when in your Wordpress Admin Dashboard [code] Error: f.easing[e.animatedProperties[this.prop]] is not a function Source File: http://myeasygoals.com/wp-admin/load-scripts.php?c=0&load=jquery,utils&ver=fb5c271ac01e8186b23ece33d5ce4961 Line: 18 [/code] I'm not sure what the cause of the error but I think the best thing to do, would be to download the latest version of Wordpress again and upload all the files/folder in the wordpress admin folder and overwrite the ones you currently have on your site. Once thats done, refresh your Wordpress admin dashboard page and then try to click on the individual settings for Platform and see if you can change. Let us know if this resolves your issue, really hope it does.

Please search our forums, before posting!

tdmc123
I have replaced the files in the wordpress admin folder, then logged out and in again, but the problem still persists. Also is the new version of of platformpro causing the budddypress admin bar text to be in block capitals? Tony

Rob
That's possible as the new version of Buddypress requires lots of CSS customization. But your s2Member setup is a bit messed up. Trying to sign up it brings you to the same pages in new windows over and over. It opened 3 windows on my computer before I gave up. I'd suggest reviewing the instructions from s2Member.

tdmc123
If its the buddypress that requires lots of CSS customization why does the buddypress admin bar text only change when onl change when i update platformpro to the new version? I am upgrading the s2Member as we speak but can you tell me why I still can't access the control panel in platformpro? Tony

Rob
There are several options to answer that. 1. You might not have platformbase activated. 2. You could be installing one of our CSS files updated for Platform that the CSS built into Buddypress conflicts with. 3. The theme compatibility is not run correctly or settings need to be changed and/or are set incorrectly. 4. There is a conflict between bbPress (if using that) and Buddypress causing a misalignment. 5. You might have some custom CSS in platformpro that isn't present in platformbase (if you have that going).... need more? Likely the lack of access to the control panel in Platform is coming from an outdated or conflicting plugin or, you don't have base activated, or both.

tdmc123
No, the problem it seems was with buddypress when i deactivated it, platformpro control panel worked fine. But this my issue i purchased this script on the basis that it was compatible with buddypress and it seems that after one update your script falls apart. Afterwhich I then have to crawl your site for answers, this is not a hobby it's a business and if you sell something on the basis of it being compatible then it should be. I have now moved on to WP Symposium, however I am now concerned if the next update i get causes my entire site to come to a halt. After spending nearly $200 i am growing weary of the limitations of your product, which leads me to my next question is Platformpro compatible with WP Symposium??

Rob
Dear tdmc123, Our products were at the time prior to Buddypress' upgrade, 100% compatible and preconfigured to accommodate that and bbPress. However, both Buddypress and bbPress made substantial changes with their recent changes such as Buddypress 1.5. This forced some CSS on other themes. In fact ALL other themes. Their intent was to force users to implement their own theme. After tens of thousands of complaints, just two days ago, they released Buddypress 1.5.1 to correct 25 major errors in 1.5. Every single forum plugin you apply to any other theme than the plugin's own will require CSS work, including WP Symposium. I've used it and I like it, but it took me quite a bit of time too. And while you too are not running your site as a hobby, nor am I. Actually, I'm an economist and have much better things to do with my time than play with code. So you have my complete concurrence on that point. There is always the option of hiring one of our Pros, as busy as they are, to get your site looking as you want, particularly your forums. I'm not sure if you read http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/13966/buddypress-bbpress-and-platformpro-solutions in which I explained how to fix most of the conflicts that Buddypress and bbPress created, most of which were with each other more than with the theme. While I understand your frustration, I must point out that we've been more expeditious than Buddypress at posting solutions and trying to help people resolve these problems. My post linked above was published 3 weeks before Buddypress came out with any solutions. I might add they didn't even reply to those thousands of calls for help. At least we do, and quickly.

tdmc123
If the Platformpro is now no longer 100% compatible with buddypress saying that it is "bbPress and BuddyPress Integrated" is a bit misleading as that is what it currently says on your main page. I am going to give this product another try, however if it becomes a drain to maintain and manage I will discard it and move on.