Sign in to follow this  
stefanweber

How to change the width of the drop down menu?

stefanweber

Hi there, I do have a menu with Drop Down Navigation enabled on my PlatformPro website. The actually link-names are quite short and so I'd like to change the width of the actually drop down menu. Anyone an idea what kind of custom code I have to use? Thanks a lot in advance! Stef

catrina
I believe you will have to increase the width of the individual menu items so that the entire width of the menu changes as a whole. Do you want to do that?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

stefanweber
Catrina, if 'menu item' is the part which drops down while moving the courser over the parent, then that would be what I'm after. ;-) Can you please tell me what to do?

stefanweber
The link is http://www.stefanweberphotography.com/blog If you move your courser over the link 'portfolio' you'll get a drop down menu. That's the one I'd like to increase the width, but without changing the size of the font. Thank you, really appreciate it!

stefanweber
I tried to use some custom code like: .sub-menu{width:150px !important;} ....but no success so far. If anyone knows what do to, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Kate
Hi Stefan, Did you try: [code].children{width:150px !important;}[/code]

stefanweber
Thanks Kate, just tried and yes..... that's it! :-) Perfect!! Thank you very much, to both of you.. love your work! Stefan