Sign in to follow this  
joey

change captions of Footer Columns?

joey

hello! i would like to change the default captions for the five-column footer, to replace the words "Pages", "The Latest" and "More" with something else. i didn't see that in the Footer Options. can you please advise? thank you.

Rob
Each of these is a widget. However, the footer has 5 columns, so you need to replicate the first and fifth columns with text widgets. These do go in specific order. So if you just added a Pages widget (where you can rename the heading), it would appear in column 1 on the left unless you first added a text widget in position 1. Most widgets you add, whether text or prestructured have the option to add their own label.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

joey
thanks but i simply want to edit what's already there. i can't find these existing widgets/columns in my widget section, although i do see the 5-column footer section.

edwelly
joey, these are embedded in the code itself. I would suggest you just recreate them in the widget section. This will allow you to make changes easier and if you ever update the theme, it will keep your changes. Does that make sense?

joey
alright, yes, it makes sense, just involves a tiny bit more effort than i wanted :-)

salestrakr
Funny, I have purchased this theme a number of times. On one it shows the label "Links" for pages nav. On another it shows "Pages". On both of these, we have not used widgets instead using the stock 5-column footer. Has the label been changed in the code?