Sign in to follow this  
lunarstudio

Additional Google Web Fonts

lunarstudio

Is there a way to add additional Google Web Fonts to the pro version? If not, do you plan on allowing us to do so in the future?

kastelic
Yes, there is even an example you can copy in functions.php: [code] // FILTERS EXAMPLE ---------// // The following filter will add the font Ubuntu into the font array $thefoundry. // This makes the font available to the framework and the user via the admin panel. //add_filter ( 'pagelines_foundry', 'my_google_font' ); function my_google_font( $thefoundry ) { $myfont = array( 'Ubuntu' => array( 'name' => 'Ubuntu', 'family' => '"Ubuntu", arial, serif', 'web_safe' => true, 'google' => true, 'monospace' => false ) ); return array_merge( $thefoundry, $myfont ); } [/code]

lunarstudio
So if we wanted to add multiple fonts - let's say ALL of them, would I just repeat this or is something bad going to happen?

klausk
i have the same question -- though I'm not sure where I am pasting this code. i keep getting errors if I modify /platformbase/functions.php

Simon
Basically you would need to load each one into the array, but why in the world would you want all of them?

lunarstudio
For convenience and to play around with how something looks.

Rob
Pross was trying, I think, to make the point that the more you have, the slower your system will function.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

xeroboundaries
I'm having the same problem. When I paste into platformbase I get errors. Where should this code be placed? Thanks

xeroboundaries
I am pasting into functions.php in base (the same time that I found the code snippet that's listed above). Should I be pasting into Platform Pro's functions.php?

catrina
No, the functions.php file in base is where you should paste it. Where in the file did you paste it? It should be at the very bottom of the file.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

xeroboundaries
If I add: add_filter ( 'pagelines_foundry', 'my_google_font' ); function my_google_font( $thefoundry ) { $myfont = array( 'Ubuntu' => array( 'name' => 'Ubuntu', 'family' => '"Ubuntu", arial, serif', 'web_safe' => true, 'google' => true, 'monospace' => false ) ); return array_merge( $thefoundry, $myfont ); } to the bottom of my functions.php page in base, the font, Ubuntu, does not appear in Platform Pro's typography section. That being said, I do not get any errors anymore, it just doesn't work. Jack

catrina
Have you tried replacing Ubuntu with a different Google Web Font to see if another one works?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

xeroboundaries
I have the following pasted at the end of functions.php in base: add_filter ( 'pagelines_foundry', 'my_google_font' ); function my_google_font( $thefoundry ) { $myfont = array( 'Terminal Dosis' => array( 'name' => 'Terminal Dosis', 'family' => '"Terminal Dosis", arial, serif', 'web_safe' => true, 'google' => true, 'monospace' => false ) ); return array_merge( $thefoundry, $myfont ); } Not showing up under PlatformPro typography panel. Jack

xeroboundaries
So I found that if I activate the base theme, the font will appear on the list, but I lose a lot of the settings that I set up using Platform Pro. Is there a way to get my custom hooks from base to carry over to platform pro without needing to keep the base them active (really just worried about this font for now)? Thanks

Jenny
You must have PlatformBase activated in order for its functions.php to.. function. Just export your PlatformPro settings then import them into PlatformBase. Keep PlatformBase active at all time.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

Jenny
If you get everything working, don't forget to come back and accept an answer to close this topic. Thanks!

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.