Sign in to follow this  
andulka

Platform default page length

andulka

Hi, a pre-sale question if those are allowed. I am testing the Platform theme for a website (have the Station Pro already installed on another) I would like to use a background image that would be the same size as the default maximum length of a page - a photo on the sidebar and a texture throughout. Repeating the photo wouldn't look good, so I'd rather just repeat the pattern. So I would need to know either the default length of the page so I could make it the same size, or if there is some other way to accomplish this. As its a new site for an artist who still has an existing site with the record company and the new site isn't officially online yet, I'd rather not post a link to it anywhere on the internet, just asking on a general level for now, if that is possible.

kastelic
There's no default maximum length, length is always going to be determined by the content on the page. Anything is possible with CSS, for example, if you want a large background image, you can make sure the image is at least 1200 px high and set it to position:fixed.

andulka
That is not quite what I need I think, any suggestions as to how to make sure the image doesn't get cut (not quite sure how to say thing in English...) on a long page with many posts. What is the default amount of posts on a page btw, I suppose that is set?

catrina
I believe the default set is 5, but you can set the amount of posts you want in General > Reading.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

andulka
OK, thanks - somehow I seemed to remember there was something overriding that value in the Station Pro and thought it might be the same with this one, I probably just remember wrong... :-)

andulka
I guess the best option would be to make the background fixed. I found some earlier posts which suggest that would be possible, but I suppose that also requires the Pro version? I really would like to see how things look like before deciding on a theme, and apparently with this one it isn't possible...

kastelic
All that would have to be done with custom CSS. In the pro version you have a place in the admin backend to put in custom CSS. Or you can "child theme" any theme and make your own stylesheet. Google "how to wordpress child theme"