Sign in to follow this  
best_2600

Where should I go to edit links?

best_2600

I built a menu in platform pro and a few of the menu items will be linked to an external website. I would like these few links in my menu to open up in a "blank target". I didn't see an option for this in the menu settings. I was looking in my host account for the file that would contain the menu items with urls and was just going to edit it there but I can't find the file. Anyone have any ideas on how I can create blank target for just a few, not all menu items. Thank you. Tim.

best_2600
or, what the name of the file is that I would need to edit. Thanks.

Rob
There is no "file". The links are stored in the database and Wordpress, not Platform controls menu management. Themes only style or align the menu items. You'd have to manually pour through your database, which is to say the least not recommended and highly dangerous to add the target="_blank" tag. Actually the easiest way to deal with this would be simply to have all your external links in the Links section, not in the menu. Keeping in mind that the menu is intended for navigation of your site, and Links (Blogroll) are intended for external use. In the Links section, you have a checkbox to open any link in a new window or tab. Literally, it writes the target tag for you.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur