Sign in to follow this  
ducksunlimitedcanada

Show entire post on a feature page...??

ducksunlimitedcanada

Hi. Im trying to show an entire post on a page in the content area... any ideas how? Is there a simple shortcode?? Thanks in advance for any help.

Rob
Probably going to the Wordpress Reading settings and making sure that the type of post display is full text, not summary. Dashboard > Settings > Reading

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

ducksunlimitedcanada
Thanks! ok that is selected. I need the most recent post to appear in the content-area of a feature page... is there a shortcode I can use to drop the post in there?

Rob
send a link to your site... I'll take a look and see what you need to do. Meanwhile, go to Dashboard > PlatformPro > Template Setup and drop down the list till you get to the Features Page. Make sure Content Area is on the page.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

ducksunlimitedcanada
thanks for your help. cant make the url public yet tho. But of a newbie on wordpress... Basically i have a feature page with slider and content-area turned on. In that content-area I need to show the guts of the latest post (or any specific post I need), in its entirety (title, images, text etc). Is there a shortcode I can procure to grab the latest post and drop it in where i need it? i was trying to use the plugin rss-import but it is not working right...seems silly though to need to use an rss import to show a post on the SAME site.

kastelic
There's not a builtin shortcode to display a loop but you can make your own. Paste in platformbase/functions.php: [code] function my_recent_posts_shortcode($atts){ extract(shortcode_atts(array('limit' => 5, 'cat' => ''), $atts)); $q = new WP_Query('cat=' . $cat . '&posts_per_page=' . $limit); $list = ''; while($q->have_posts()) : $q->the_post(); $list .= sprintf( '%2$s
', get_permalink(), get_the_title() ); endwhile; wp_reset_query(); return $list; } add_shortcode('recent-posts', 'my_recent_posts_shortcode'); [/code] usage [recent-posts] returns 5 posts from default cat [recent-posts cat="26"] return 5 from cat 6 [recent-posts limit="3" cat="26"] can you guess? Thanks to pross for sharing this.

ducksunlimitedcanada
ahhh! closer... that just shows the title of the post...there an easy way to show it all? get_the_post ;) instead of get_the_title? thanks!

kastelic
Here's a similar shortcode thats easier to modify: http://www.wprecipes.com/wordpress-shortcode-display-the-loop Just need to put the_content() or the_excerpt() in there.

ducksunlimitedcanada
Oh Thank you thank you Kastelic!!! That worked like a charm. Actually managed to tweak the code with my rudimentary php skills and get it to work perfectly!