Sign in to follow this  
joey

my apostrophes are getting reversed

joey

since installing PlatformPro, some of my apostrophes are getting flipped, meaning when i use a possessive (e.g. Lady Gaga's) the apostrophe is inverted 180 degrees so it looks like a beginning single quote. it happens sometimes but not all of the time. there seems to be no rhyme or reason when and why it happens. i am using the same font (Georgia) as i did before using PlatformPro. please advise on how to get my possessive apostrophes oriented properly. thank you.

Rob
Joey, I have that same problem on two of my sites. One of them uses PlatformPro, the other uses a non-Pagelines theme. In both cases it seems to be how the browser renders Georgia given a set of circumstances I haven't been able to figure out. It also messes up single quotes too, dropping the closing quote so far down, it almost looks like a comma. I'm assured that Platform doesn't actually do anything particular to be mean to our apostrophes. Personally, I love them and use them way too often. Have you tried using a different but similar font?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur