Sign in to follow this  
joey

descriptions, summaries for posts

joey

hello! OK so before i got PlatformPro, i used a theme called Magazine Basic that allowed a sort "description" section, separate from the main text (and distinct from the All in One SEO pack which i think is a plugin). so on my main page i could decide exactly what text shows up on the main posts page. with PlatformPro, though, there is no section. it seems i only have the choice of "full text" or "summary" selected from the main WordPress Settings->Reading section, is that correct? right now i have summary chosen. i added one new blog post since installing PlatformPro, and the page listing my posts, with this new post at the top, displays the posts' first couple sentences and a [...] afterwards. but all the older posts (from before i got PlatformPro) are using the custom text i chose from "new post" or "edit post", a section that is now absent when making new or editing posts. i'd like my list of posts to be consistent with my old posts and the new ones i make from now on. ideally i'd like to be able to decide exactly what the summary text is, but in lieu of that, i would accept a [...] on all older posts. i just want consistency. please advise. thanks!

Kate
Hi Joey, Are you talking about the manual excerpt? The box for it should appear below the post edit box on the post/page screen. If you're not seeing it, you can go the the top right of the screen where you'll find a small tab that says "Screen Options". Click that, and it will drop down. From there, select "Post Excerpt". It will then display the Excerpt box where you can manually display the excerpt you prefer.