Sign in to follow this  
artsigns

Custom positioning the main menu

artsigns

Hi there, Am trying to position the main menu on this site http://www.cupcakeswithlove.net I have managed to get it to float right and make the tabs have round corners I am trying to position the menu so that the tabs look like they are coming out from underneath the header banner/shop front How do I do a margin-right or padding-right for the whole menu to sit to one side, ie approx 30 pixels to the left of where it is sitting on the site link above (or to any pixel value I set) Then how would I position it, and possibly set the z-index of the menu so that it appears as if it comes from under the header png/shop front. I may have to also increase the height of the menu tabs for this and position the text up from the bottom of the tab(s) Can I use one css hook to control the menu as an item or do I need individual elements for this Greatly appreciated! Many thanks

Kate
For pulling the nav row up, you can use this CSS: [code]#nav_row{margin-top:-38px;position:relative;z-index:-100;}[/code] You'll probably also want to adjust the top padding of the links.

artsigns
Thankyou that looks brilliant! just need to figure out how to get it to shift to the left a bit and push the txt lower Thankyou Kate!

thomstark
I did that here (www.notetoselfmovie.com) and now the nav links don't work. Also, any idea why my header image is not aligned with the nav?

artsigns
yeah, I have same problem.. now nav does not work, anything you click is picking up the home link from the header area even though you are outside of the header with the mouse this also includes on my site that the hover effect does not take place over nav links because it seems to be picking up the header only

chemmiz
Is it possible to set the nav to just be centered on the page?