Sign in to follow this  
gabers

Random Box Order

gabers

I know I can use the post types order plugin to set the order of my boxes. But how can I make my boxes show up in a random order each time? For a charity website based on child sponsorships, I don't want the top 2 children showing up every time. People are lazy and will only click on them first. I want to randomize which boxes show up first. Any ideas? here is the site: http://www.pamojacharity.org/sponsor/

catrina
I think the best approach for this would be a plugin that allows you to create random boxes that change during each refresh. I'm searching for random box plugins, but I'm finding more random image/rotating image plugins. Do you want boxes/images that change after each refresh?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

gabers
Yes, my goal would be to have boxes/images that alternate after each refresh so people would see different children when they click the page!

catrina
You may want to search here for a "rotating image" plugin: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins. There are several you can try out.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

gabers
Thanks catrina. If I installed a rotating image plugin, that would just switch the image but not the box correct? because each box needs to correlate with the right image otherwise the wrong child would be "sponsored" by pressing the sponsor button associated with that child. do you follow?

catrina
It switch the image. I don't know of any plugins that allow rotating boxes. If you can't find a plugin that can rotate boxes, I think an image can be edited to include a part for text in Photoshop (text that was originally intended for a text box).

Designer | Catrina Dulay