Sign in to follow this  
camatteo

Custom Colors for the Navigation Bar

camatteo

Dear Friends: I've at last got a site framed using PlatformPro for a non-profit I work for. I moved the navigation bar above our branding. Ideally, I'd like to have the shading of the navigation bar be one color (orangey, in the last version) when static. I have had some trouble setting the design settings so that the background page does not show through. Then I'd like the hover color to be another color (pinkish, in the last version). I really don't have any idea where to set this or where to add any code in what page or template -- in fact, I'm pretty much terrified of altering any template much unless I can have someone walk me through.

[Deleted User]
Hello, In order to give you help specific to your site and the design you're going for, it would be best to provide a link. As for where you'll be adding custom code: in the Base folder there's a stylesheet called base.css. Make sure you make any major, in depth changes there. (You'll first have to activate the Base child theme via Appearance->Themes.) If you just want to make quick CSS changes, you can use Custom Code->Custom CSS. (Keep in mind that the first place to check is Settings->Design Control. Many of the modifications people want to make can be taken care of via that.)

camatteo
sorry I forgot to mention it in my last: wccaucus.org What you mention sounds "deep" (in depth). I'm offering the link and with luck I can consult this discussion in the afternoon on Tuesday and see if I can figure out the step-by-step.