Sign in to follow this  
freiwilligfrei

Facebook sharebutton doesn't work correctly

freiwilligfrei

Hi, we have a proplem with our blog www.freiwilligfrei.info. When we post the url (permalink) of an article on facebook the picture, the title and the short introduction text of the article doesn't show up anymore. When we post the shortlink everything is fine. When someone clicks the share button in our article, it doent't work because it's again the permalink(url) which is posted. The problem exists for about two weeks. We didn't change anything but installed the google analytics-plugin which I disabled again. No effect. If you have an idea that would be great.

[Deleted User]
Which FB share button do you mean? The one in the sidebar? If so, that would be a FB thing. In addition, FB recently changed their status setup. If you're trying to add the image from FB itself and it's not working, it could just be a FB thing. Have you tried adding a link from another site to see what happens?

freiwilligfrei
Hi, Thanks for the answer. We tried several settings, the problem appears even when we try to copy and paste a blog post to FB. We use add to any as a share plug in. I deactivated all plugins and tried to share a link in a FB group by copy and paste but it is still not working. We only get our webadress not a correct blog link with text and picture as a preview. I have also another WP blog running on my server there it works great. Thanks for your efforts. Kind regards, Manuel

freiwilligfrei
Hi, the problem still exists, we need help! Please look for a solution.