Sign in to follow this  
creativespark

Alignment of logo in header

creativespark

Hi All Sorry, one more quick question while I'm throwing myself on your mercy. I've got a solid strap to go in the logo / site branding area at the top. I uploaded it just as you would a logo and that worked a treat, but it has a left margin/padding of around 10px or 20px more than the feature slider underneath it, so it doesn't align (the right edge aligns just fine). Could anyone point me to the right spot to adjust that? =) thanks so much Marc

Rob
Marc, now you did say your previous question was your last! LOL... Send us a link so we can see this and diagnose it via source code. Don't worry. We don't have limits on the numbers of questions!

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

creativespark
Haha... sorry rangelone... I thought "while I'm humbly groveling for help I should get all my (current) questions out of the way". ;-) The site is here: http://electrotypetest.netdns.net/BTSC/ What I'm trying to do is align that top strap with the left edge of the feature slider, rather than the left edge of the navi (home). It is actually smaller than 960px at the moment because 960px broke out of the cell on the right hand side, but I have a 960px version to put there. =) best wishes Marc

Rob
No apologies needed. We're here to help... when we can. Marc, could you define "top strap"? Do you mean the header graphic?

Rob
If you do, it would simply appear that the image is just too narrow in width. The image is 945px wide. It should be 960. It seems odd that it would break out unless you've changed the padding on the body other components via CSS.

creativespark
Hi Rangelone... It was deliberately 945px until I solved the problem. I've put the 960px version in there so you can see the breakout. =) best wishes Marc

poseyg
Try this in your custom css: #branding .content-pad { padding: 25px 0 25px 1px; }

Rob
Have you tried adjusting those numbers? You can even use negative numbers by putting a minus ( - ) sign before the number. Also, I see you have this code present: [code].fixed_width #branding .content-pad { padding: 20px 15px 15px;[/code] Try adjusting those numbers.

creativespark
Thanks so much for your help Rangelone & Poseyg It sits right with .fixed_width #branding .content-pad { padding: 20px 0px 15px; Nothing in the "custom code" area of the admin panel shifted it, but when I put it into the Style.css file of the child theme it fell right into line. =) Marc