Sign in to follow this  
kellid

How do I adjust the Nav menu so some top pages are unclickable?

kellid

This feels like an odd request but my client seems to have problems understanding the navigation menu. There are 6 pages, 3 of which have sub-pages. Apparently she and a few other people who have tested the site have trouble understanding that you can click on the main tab as well as the sub page to reach a content page. Is there a way to make the sections with sub-pages and have the main tab unclickable? So if the main tab is "About Us", they would mouse over and the drop down would appear but "About us" can't be clicked, the pages below "Goals, Mission, Team" were click-able? Does that make sense? Or would that be confusing the the viewer to be able to click on main tabs "Home, Forum,Contact" but not "Press, About us"? Thanks again everyone. Kelli

catrina
Yes, it's possible. You'll need to create a custom menu (Appearance > Menus). Create the menu and give it whatever named you'd like. Add the menu items and submenu items as needed (drop submenu items underneath parent page items and make sure they're dropped to the right so that they become subpages, not just regular parent pages). When creating a parent page menu item, give the item a text name but in the link section add the "#" sign. This makes the parent menu item unclickable. Set it the menu as "Primary Navigation Menu".

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

kellid
:)))) You're wonderful Catrina. So very helpful!!! Thank You!!!!!!