Sign in to follow this  
merego

Nav bar text to change on Rollover?

merego

Hey Forum!!! My website has unique nicknames for basic menu items, aka "Nitty Gritty" is "Our Work" - but you don't know that unless you click on it. I know I can put the explanation of the items in the Title Attribute, but I was wondering if there was a way for the actual text to change to the Title Attribute when you roll over the menu item? It seems simple, I just haven't found it yet. Any ideas or thoughts? http://www.brand-collective.com Thank you, AnnMarie

Rob
I think you already got it. When I mouse over nitty-gritty, one sees "Our Work" popup. While I understand the dynamic need to create interesting menus, don't discount clarity of thought first and foremost. Most folks won't "mouseover" to find out what something is. Whilst a superb way of showing a subliminal or supplemental thought, people won't know what the link is and will likely not mouse over it.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

merego
Sorta, Basically the "tool tip" is what is showing, but what I want it to do is actually change the menu text, ie Nitty Gritty changes to Our Work. I wonder if its even possible. I may end up putting some sort of a description below instead so that it solves the problem and is clearer for the viewer. Thank you, am

catrina
I think the best approach to take would be to use images instead of text generated by HTML so that the menu items can change on hover using CSS.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

merego
Thank you Catrina! I thought that would be the case, or do descriptions below, worth a shot though! Thank you both! AnnMarie