Sign in to follow this  
evasj

How can I set my text widget background to transparent?

evasj

I have tested an text widget as main-logo. It works fine, but I want to have the widget with transparent background, instead of the white. Can I add an CSS for that?

Rob
The white comes from your design settings for the site, not the widget. By default, the text widget is transparent because it will pick up the color of the default background color. If you changed the background to red that color would show directly through the text widget. What color did you want behind the widget?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

evasj
Thanks for your answer! If you see my site, you se the Page Canvas Background Color is white, and I want it to be so. But I want to have the opportunity to change the color behind the textwidget on the top (header). It is maybe impossible? I don't know what color I want, the blog is new, and I'm working with the design/colors.. :)

catrina
You can make the background color for a text widget by adding this custom CSS: [code]div.textwidget {background: none;}[/code] Note: This will only change the transparency of text widgets, not other widgets like the blogroll, category widget, etc.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

evasj
Thank you, but what do i write in css, if I want the backgrund color (in the text widget) - red? I get it! Just replace the "none" with the color I want! :-) :-) :-) Thank you!! :-D

catrina
Change "background: none;" to "background-color: #FF0000;" FF0000 is the hex code for red.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse