Sign in to follow this  
zouleo

How add PageLines Features above posts on front page

zouleo

I've created a new Page Template. And I have the "PageLine Features" and "Content Area" in it. But the Content Area doesn't list any posts. It only has a sidebar and possibility to add a comment. What am I doing wrong?

Rob
Zouleo, Please include a link to your site so we can see the layout, CSS, code and other issues and give you the best advice possible. When opening a new discussion, it's always advisable to post that link. Thanks.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

zouleo
http://goo.gl/at6jI - Thanks for helping me!

Rob
Please accept the answer and click the green Thanks box. Glad to have helped!

Rob
The URL is defaulting to "pappasappar.se" which shows posts, but no feature slider. Is that the correct URL to be viewing? Also, if it is, in your template setup correct? For Default Pages or Pages / Posts do you have the Feature Slider present?

zouleo
No. For Default Pages I don't want to use Feature Slider because I don't want it on every page. I only want it on one (1) page. That's why I've created a NEW Page Template. In the new template I have three sections: Feature Slider and "Content Area" and Carousel. I've created a new page with using the new template. It's here: http://goo.gl/Ukm45 As you can see; only slider and carousel is visible. No content at all. What I want is the content that is currenty on my front page between the slider and carousel. My guess would be that "Content Area" would include it automatically. But obviously I'm missing something here.

Jenny
I have never been able to figure this out either so hopefully someone knows how!

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

Rob
1. In Dashboard > PlatformPro > Template Setup under "Page Content Area" you have Main Content included? 2. Try editing your page and selecting "Feature Page" template. This one has Feature Slider, Boxes then Content. Save it. Look at the page and see if you have content where it belongs. 3. If it works, go to Dashboard > PlatformPro > Template Setup and select Feature Page. Slide the Boxes to the right (off the Feature Page) and slide the Carousel to the left (adding it to the page). Move the carousel up or down where you want it to appear. Save the settings. Go back and look at your page. See if it has everything you want.

zouleo
1. Yes. Main Content is included. 2. I've tried it. The content isn't there :( 3. I've now removed the Boxes and put the Carousel back. Settings saved. Page reloaded. Browser restarted. But the content isn't there :( What am I doing wrong? Could someone please test this in their own installation to see if it is a general problem. Thanks!

Simon
The blog page isnt a 'page' as such. The way 1.5.x is coded its impossible without major hacking to put the features onto the blog page or posts onto the features page. The version we are working on has this functionality though.

zouleo
If I choose to publish the page as a front page, will it work? In other words if I in settings choose static page -> Start page and then choose a page that has a Feature Page as a template? Will it then display the posts?

Simon
No it will display the feature page, static page means that.. its static, it isn't a dynamically generated blog posts page.

kakadong
it need some coding . Because my poor English , I can't explaine it very well. but I can give you the code. and I assume that you know how to use the hook . there are two ways I achieve the results you need. One is add a new section . that you can drag and drop anywhere you like. But I think the second is good enough. the second way is you use the Feature Page . and in template area you use the three in order . feature Carousel and content area. and in funtion.php you add the code below : [code] add_action('pagelines_after_theloop', 'show_new_two_posts'); function show_new_two_posts(){ if(is_page( 'XXX' )){ require('../YYY/wp-load.php'); query_posts('showposts=2'); while (have_posts()): the_post(); ?>

>

By on |
>Continue Reading...

zouleo
Would it possible to edit the file section.features.php and use the conditional tag is_front_page() Maby something like this: if (!is_front_page()) { return; } Where in the file should I put this code to make it work?