Sign in to follow this  
wolfish009

Footer Issue!

wolfish009

I want to remove the footer. i dont like the way it is. I want to show some of my pages horizontally on the footer that is all. How can this be done?>

Rob
Hi, can you post a link so we can see it? It's always a good idea to start your discussions with one. Thanks. I'll be on this as soon as I can see the link.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

wolfish009
Still the same problem??? Its fine at my end and many others.

catrina
Now it's working. You can get rid of the footer columns by hiding them with CSS and adding a text widget that can be widened to accommodate a list of pages in a horizontal line. The code for hiding the footer columns would something like this: [code]#fcolumns_container div.fcol {display: none}[/code] From there, you can add a text widget to the Footer Columns section in Appearance > Widgets. You'll need to add your links to it (without line breaks) and that text widget's width can be increased using CSS.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

wolfish009
Hey! thanks .....the code just worked fine but the problem is, placing the text widget in the footer column with the links doesnt show up in the page no matter how many times i refresh it. Not sure if i am using any commands to disable it, though checked in many places no help. :(

wolfish009
I tried both the way but they just don't appear!!!

Rob
If you applied Catrina's fix, your footer won't show.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

wolfish009
Hey! thanks.............i figure it out, i edited Catrina's code and replaced none with footer column. It worked but someone need to tell me how can i increase the text widget width so that every page shows up in one line not one above another like it is now.

kastelic
Hi, try this. [code]#text-2 {width: 500px !important; }[/code]

wolfish009
Hey! thanks a lot. It worked. Many Many thanks! :)