Sign in to follow this  
karstenkneese

How can i place text in front of an image in the footer?

karstenkneese

Hi, on this website www.macht-in-unternehmen.de I've added an image in the footer via the site-terms box in the theme-settings and a text below the image. I'd like to text to appear in front ot the image, or rather on top of it and not below the image. The code in the site-terms box is just: footer_bar.jpg ?© 2011 Macht:Perspektiven | Impressum | Dank Do you have any idea what I need to change? Thanks a lot. Karsten

karstenkneese
Oh, and I'd also like the footer to align left. So far it seems to be centered, and I haven't found the code to align it left and make it full width.

catrina
The best way to implement the footer image you have is by making it a background image in that section so that the text can be layered on top of the footer image. Please remove the image from your site terms section (leaving the copyright text there) and add this CSS to Custom Code > Custom CSS and save: [code]#simple_footer_nav div.content-pad span.terms {background-image: url('http://www.macht-in-unternehmen.de/wp-content/uploads/footer_bar.jpg'); background-repeat: no-repeat}[/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

karstenkneese
Dear Catrina, thanks for your help. This is the code that worked out eventually for me: #simple_footer_nav div.content-pad { margin-top: 10px; background-image: url('http://www.macht-in-unternehmen.de/wp-content/uploads/footer_bar.jpg'); background-repeat: no-repeat } #simple_footer_nav .terms { float: left; margin-top: 0px; } But I still have another questions regarding the alignment or rather the width of the footer. How can I change the width of the footer to 980px, so that it aligns left and right width the part above? I've set the width of the page to 960px, but the theme adds 10px left and right, and can't find where I can change that. Thanks a million. Karsten