Sign in to follow this  
sureshdoss

Cannot change the sidebar dimensions

sureshdoss

Hi Guys, Using Platformpro and the base as the child theme for a site, and for some reason when I use the layout editor to configure the layout dimensions, the site just doesn't take it. I am trying to set the Main column to 700px and the SB1 to 200px (I am using the second layout with one sidebar), and it just won't take it, but it does save the setting. Can someone please please assist me on this.

sureshdoss
Figured it out. I had to turn on the "Make Dynamic CSS Inline?" option to get the options to take effect. Now, whenever I make any changes to layout editor, the site takes it and reflects it. Is there a reason why I have to do this and is there a solution to this caching issue?

Rob
And you do have Platformbase as your activated theme? Several factors could happen. First, in Layout Editor, there are two sections showing the layout style you want (sidebars and body, etc) Both must match. Second, the total width of your layout must actually be wider than the total of your components. There's padding. So if you want 700 for the content area and 200 for the SB1, then you need more than 900 total. More like 940. How is your total width set?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

sureshdoss
Yes using base as the theme, activated. Yes the layouts match Re: the total of the components. I am not actually able to key in a number where it says Global Content Width, Main Column Width, Sidebar1 Width. I just use the scroller. Are you supposed to be able to type in a number? because I was never able to. So when i choose the dimensions (770/230) it automatically adds it up (1000) and displays that as the global content width thanks for your help rangelone

catrina
If you need to choose exact dimensions, it'll need to be done using CSS rather than the layout settings adjustements.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse