Sign in to follow this  
raquel_p

A problem with filters (PlatformPro)

raquel_p

I have a problem at PlatformPro, I believe it is related to "suppress_filters." The widget "the latest" shows the title of the latest post, but with the excerpt of the current post (I use post types). The similar problem occurs that widget shows the bbPress latest topics. Instead of showing the topics, shows the latest posts (This issue occurs only in the home). It's very strange. I use PlatformPro Dev, with PlatformPro Base.

Rob
Platformbase is activated, I presume. Can you send a link to your site?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

raquel_p
Hi Rangelone, PlatformBase is activated. Under construction: http://espelho1.jardineiro.net/ "O ??ltimo" means "The Latest". It is located in the Footer Sidebar.

Simon
Its very basic code, it pulls the latest standard post.. heres a possible fix: open line 80 of section.footcols.php and try this: [code] $post): [/code] swap XXXX for your post type.

raquel_p
The issue remains! The widget "the latest" shows the title of the latest post type now, but with the excerpt of the current post. See another pages (singular posts), not only the homepage. And if I want to put any kind of post (regular posts and custom post types in the array)?

Simon
Hve you tried adding a latest posts widget into that column?

raquel_p
Yes, I tried and worked (without excerpt). But, I still have a problem with suppress_filters and the another solution is more intersting to me (it have excerpt too). This work to me: I replace this (line 85 - section.footcols.php) : [code][/code] To: [code]post_excerpt; ?>[/code] But I don't know how limit letters in excerpt. Any sugestion?

Rob
Raquel, please read this Wordpress post: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/limit-the-number-of-words-in-excerpt-without-plugins

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

raquel_p
Thanks for the tip! I still have the problem in widgets that are displayed on the home (not just "the lastest"). Does anyone know how to fix it, or at least a hint of what can be? A wordpress developer told me that the problem was "wrong argument for Suppress_filters." But not quite understand, I do not know how to solve and he gave me no details. Any suggestions?

Simon
[code] [/code] 12 is the number of words to trim to