Sign in to follow this  
alyce_holzberger

Banner padding question

alyce_holzberger

Hi All, I've used a banner to add a two line contact info section between my header and nav here (please tell me if there's an easier way to achieve this!) and I'm having not much luck stabbing in the dark at how to remove the padding around the banner. I want the two lines of text to fit really snug between the other two elements to limit the amount of black space. I have tried the following but like I said, stabbing in the dark here. #banner.banner-area { padding: 0 !important } .banner-content { padding: 0 !important } .content-pad { padding: 0 !important } .banner-text-pad { padding: 0 !important } Page can be viewed here http://www.harlequinsigns.com.au?wpjf3_mr_temp_access_key=GvEDoo3YBMe2YA5QFpq0 Any help would be greatly appreciated!

catrina
Please remove the CSS you posted above and add this one instead: [code]div.banner_container {height: 100px; margin-top: -40px;}[/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

alyce_holzberger
Thanks Catrina, that's looking much better. One more thing - how do it get rid of a bit of the space underneath the banner? I tried to take a guess but I can't seem to get it to budge.

catrina
Please add this below the CSS I gave you above: [code]div.banner-text-pad {margin-bottom: -30px;}[/code] Adjust the -30px (higher if you want less padding space, lower if you want more padding space) as you see fit.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

jonfish
I'm having the same problem on www.engentia.com - I want to reduce the top and bottom padding on the banners at the bottom of the homepage, but whatever CSS I use doesn't work. I've tried the entries above and variations on div.banner-area banner_left etc. Help!!