Sign in to follow this  
james341

How to add Login button in the site header ?

james341

Good day i want to ask for some help in adding login button in the site header? is there a way to have like username and password in the header so that the user don't need to get into the login page? if not i just want to had a nice css button in the header like in the pagelines site? thanks

james341
here is the place i want to had the button : https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-PfCtUdS8_lQ/Tl5rv53quFI/AAAAAAAAlyw/n5eP5WOIP7I/s1024/1.jpg

Rob
You need to add the code for the button to a hook inside functions.php in platformbase (which should be the activated theme). Learn how to do hooks here. http://www.pagelines.com/docs/base-child-theme

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

james341
ok i installed the base theme but i don't have a clue : 1. where can i found a code for the button 2. how i make the button to be the login one 3. insert it as hook to the function file to be in the place i want it to be i hope someone can help me im a newbe ! :)

Rob
I'm not sure what your specific code would be.. but here's a demo. [code][/code] The specific code is placed in the functions.php in your platformbase. Look for this: // add_action('hook_name','function name'); Look for add_icons_to_branding a few lines down... and change it to something like add_login_image. You should also see pagelines_branding_icons_end ... change that to pagelines_inside_top_branding . You'll see next.. // function name function add_icons_to_branding(){ Change add_icons_to_branding to add_login_image Now you'll see // and is the image from the CSS is placed in the images folder ?>

james341
Something Strange happend to me: As i said i changed the theme in the settings to the base theme - no change to the site happened Now i went to change the function.php file and changed it by the instructions i got here and after i saved the file - i lost my site completely - i had blank page wherever i went. i restored the function.php file to the original and got my site back what am i doing wrong with the base theme ?

james341
someone? maybe my function file is corrupted ? here is the link to my original function file: https://gist.github.com/1186536 and here is the link to my modified one with the Login button: https://gist.github.com/1186568 what am i doing wrong?

james341
OK some update i insert the login button but it's in the wrong place i need it to be in the right and under the social icons... what i need to change?

james341
OK Fix it..... :) is there a way i can put there not a simple icon ? i want some login button like in pagelines site with changing color like in the menu....

Rob
[quote]As i said i changed the theme in the settings to the base theme - no change to the site happened [/quote] Nothing should happen. It should look exactly the same. The base is picking up the code from Pro and using it to format your site. [quote]Now i went to change the function.php file and changed it by the instructions i got here and after i saved the file - i lost my site completely - i had blank page wherever i went. [/quote] Did you copy and paste the code I gave you to a notepad first and edit the "yoursite.com" to your actual URL? then paste the edited version into functions.php? I'm sorry if I forgot to mention that. You should be able to insert any image you like, provided it's uploaded to your site first. Just change the