Sign in to follow this  
figgynewwy

When I copy and Paste in a post it does not SAVE porperly

figgynewwy

I have dumped the plugins, cleared the browser and still when i copy/paste in a page or post it does not save properly. what in the world in happening??

Rob
Hmmm. This is beginning to sound like a permissions or ownership issue. What kind of hosting are you on? Is it shared? Can you FTP into your site?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

figgynewwy
ipage and what should the permissions be at?

figgynewwy
but speak in non technical lang. please . lol

Rob
No problem. In most FTP programs, if you click on a directory, you can right click and your menu should have an option called Permissions or CHMOD. Theoretically, you should see a box with a number like 755 or 644 or 666. What we are aiming for is 777. I call them the lucky sevens because they open the directory to anything, removing restrictions. Ownership is a related issue. In this, if the server itself were to have created the directory, or it was created via something like a shared program (PLESK or cPanel) you may not have the ability to do things with it, like uploading content. These two things, either on their own or in combination could prevent you from uploading images. I'd also ask your hosting company to take a look at this issue as it may be hosting related, not due to WordPress.

figgynewwy
i think its a permission issued. should all be 777?

figgynewwy
i changed everything to 777 and not i get internal error

figgynewwy
ive been told by Ipage that The permission for the directory on our servers is 755 or 750.and The permission for the file on our servers is 644. . exactly what can and do i change?

kastelic
When you say it does not save properly, what do you mean? It doesn't save at all?

figgynewwy
it is saving only a portion on what i copy paste/ the rest simply disappears

Rob
This may simply be the source from which you copied and how you pasted. If coming from a Word Document, there is a specific tool Wordpress provides to paste Word Doc content. Look inside the HTML source (the HTML Tab on the Wordpress editor) and see if you find any "code" in the middle of your content. It may be hidden, or in a color that matches your background.

figgynewwy
not the issues. today i created a new page. and i am starting from scratch. ive been using the preview option and STILL my pages DO NOT save or updated correctly. shit just disappears. formatting doesn't stick. writing- gone.

kastelic
Try clicking in show/hide Kitchen Sink and then click the Paste as Plain Text button.

figgynewwy
none of these suggestions are helping. but thank you. i think there is a problem with the theme.

Danny
Hi, Would it be possible for you to send me a PM with details to access your site as an admin, so I can see this issue first hand?

Please search our forums, before posting!

Simon
Whats are you trying to paste? Just plain text or this there code as well like js?