Sign in to follow this  
skinnystork

PlatformPro Base shifts everything left

skinnystork

Hey guys, I am considering some modifications via child themes to my site in the staging environment. I installed Platform Base and EVERYTHING on my site has shifted left (it erases the "Column of space" on the left of my fixed width design framework). This is without any modification to the Base theme. Even if I revert back to PlatformPro and it remains shifted to the left. If I restore my staging site from a backup , everything is properly aligned and when I install and activate PlatformPro Base it again shifts left, regardless of wether the theme is PlatformPro or PlatformPro Base (with no customization) and while making sure to clear cache in between. Has anyone experienced this or would you have any suggestions to the possible reason for this? Thanks, Mario

[Deleted User]
Hi Mario, That does sound odd. Hard to say without seeing the site (you're welcome to post a link), but perhaps try redownloading Base and reinstalling it. It's possible something went wrong in either the download or the upload, and the files aren't complete.

skinnystork
Hi Lynn, I just re-created my staging environment from the "Live" and working version so that I could retest with a clean slate. Everything was completely mirrored. I then re-downloaded Base and installed it on the staging environment and everything has shifted to the left again. Here's my live version (working fine without BASE) - http://skinnystork.com/ Here's the version with Base that has everything shifted - http://skinnystork.staging.wpengine.com/ I really appreciate the help! Mario

kastelic
The problem is absolute urls in the database not being able to find dynamic CSS files and javascript files. You can't move your database from one site to another without taking that into account.

skinnystork
Thanks Kastelic and Lynn for your help! It was indeed the absolute urls. I tried enabling Base on my live site (veeeery nerviously) and it worked without shifting it to the left. Thanks for the help! Mario