Sign in to follow this  
icjackson

Need Two Different Pagelines Installations On One Site

icjackson

I'm using the MobilePress plugin and want a separate Pagelines theme to load on mobile devices that has only one column. Since I don't have a second Pagelines settings page, can I somehow hardcode the specs into the theme itself? All I need is for the mobile Pagelines version to have only one column and utilize widgets for mobile ads that will not be used on the main site. And it's too late to set up a network, which I wouldn't want to do anyway because then I have to force mobile traffic to the new URL and all of that. Is this possible? Thanks :-)

Rob
I think there's something in the works for mobile applications of Platform. Not sure. Meanwhile, I'm not sure how to answer you. Can you create a blank page in the format you want and simply save the source code then implement whatever plugins you want in there? Don't mind me, I'm a neophyte when it comes to mobile applications.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

icjackson
That sounds like a pretty cool solution! What file would I add that source code to, the posts page template?

icjackson
Okay, I'm back. Looking at all this code is giving me a headache. But I know what I want to do: I want to override the default template and make it a one-column template. Since I have no settings page with this theme installation I don't mind altering core files. If I could get the base sidebar built into the default template override that would rock. Can anyone assist? Thanks :-)