Sign in to follow this  
bronwen

Demo content won't download in .xml

bronwen

I am trying to populate my site with the demo content platform pro. When I try to save it as .xml, my computer tells me it can't be saved in that file format. All the other templates work fine. Only Platform pro won't. Can you help me? What might I be doing wrong? I have watched the video and followed instructions.

Rob
I'm unsure what you're trying to accomplish - apologies - but I'm bumping this up to the developer in case our video instructions are incorrect.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

bronwen
The video instructions work well with the other template demo content like "WHite house" but on platform pro, it does not allow me to save the content to my desktop in a .xml file. When I try and upload that, I get an error message saying the file is not .xml. To be honest, I am totally lost on how to take this theme and make my page look anything like I want. Is there a way to get any further detailed help?

kastelic
What version of PlatformPro are you running?

cforbesdesign
Bronwen, I'm having the same issue. I installed the theme, the base theme and enabled the WordPress uploader. When I try to upload the XML file I get "Sorry, there has been an error.This does not appear to be a WXR file, missing/invalid WXR version number." I'm using platform base 1.4.1 and WordpPress 3.2.1 on a Mac running Lion and Safari. Anybody have any clue what may be going wrong here?

cforbesdesign
I'm sorry Simon, I'm a little confused on what you are asking me for. The importer is the from the Wordpress import toolbar.D The XML file is from the Documentation page. Do you want me to mail you the platformpro.xml file?

cforbesdesign
OK, I had to remove the .html extension that OSX added. When I import the file I get this message: "Failed to import author . Their posts will be attributed to the current user. Failed to import author . Their posts will be attributed to the current user. Failed to import author . Their posts will be attributed to the current user. Failed to import author . Their posts will be attributed to the current user. Failed to import author . Their posts will be attributed to the current user." After choosing to dowload and import attachments I get this message: "Failed to import author . Their posts will be attributed to the current user. Failed to import author . Their posts will be attributed to the current user. Failed to import author . Their posts will be attributed to the current user. Failed to import author . Their posts will be attributed to the current user. Failed to import author . Their posts will be attributed to the current user. Menu item skipped due to missing menu slug Menu item skipped due to missing menu slug Menu item skipped due to missing menu slug Menu item skipped due to missing menu slug Menu item skipped due to missing menu slug Menu item skipped due to missing menu slug Menu item skipped due to missing menu slug Menu item skipped due to missing menu slug Menu item skipped due to missing menu slug Menu item skipped due to missing menu slug Menu item skipped due to missing menu slug Menu item skipped due to missing menu slug Menu item skipped due to missing menu slug Menu item skipped due to missing menu slug Menu item skipped due to missing menu slug All done. Have fun! Remember to update the passwords and roles of imported users." I'm not sure what I am doing wrong but any help would be appreciated -Craig-

Simon
Yea seems the export file is too old for the importer now.

monahowell
Can I have some new demo content then? I need to show the client.

catrina
"Failed to import author. Their posts will be attributed to the current user." ^^^ I looked around and read that this is likely to occur when there are already users with the same login or email address registered to the site, so you may have to check and see if that's happening.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse