Sign in to follow this  
zouleo

Best mobile theme that looks like PlatformPro

Rob
Hi, I'm sure this isn't the reply you hoped for... but we've got something coming that might resolve this. Meanwhile, I use BAAP on one of my sites, but not trying to keep the sites consistent looking. Can you wait a while for this solution or use a temporary one in the meantime?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

zouleo
I'll wait :-) For how long will I have to wait? And what's BAAP?

Rob
I couldn't give you a timeline as developing software takes time. We won't release till it works right. BAAP is a mobile theme. http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/baap-mobile-version/

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

zouleo
Did you make any progress? The best solution seems to be Responsive Web Design http://coding.smashingmagazine.com/2011/01/12/guidelines-for-responsive-web-design/

dainiswmichel
if pagelines has something coming down the line that will improve pagelines display on mobile devices, then i am just going to hold out for that. right now: a) pagelines drop-down menus work just fine on the mobile devices i've checked b) the sites look just fine (try www.curetinnitus.org or www.archiversum.com for example) so actually, i can't really find anything that pagelines needs to do better. what is it that you want the theme to do? i figure iPad and tablet screens are already big enough for the sites to display nicely. for phones, are you saying you want users to be able to scroll through the text of articles more easily (so like ignoring sidebars for example)? while themes do need to get better at mobile presentation, phones also need to get better at browsing. i think it's worth considering whether it makes sense to give users a "different" browsing experience just because they happen to be using a small screen. what would be pretty neat is if pagelines themes allowed users to tap into a "column and row" and adjust that column width to the width of the phone screen. that could be pretty cool. cuz then if u were browsing the text at www.archiversum.com, the width of the header would not define the "reading width." i could click into the text itself and then the phone would let me adjust to the width of that "column and row." something like that? we need to be able to deliver business critical info via mobile, that is certain. whether we need to use a "mobile theme," i dunno. happy to be a part of this discussion and also, do fill me in on where these themes need to perform better via mobile, cuz frankly, i've kind of glossed over the topic and just figured the phones themselves will eventually catch up. sincerely, dainis w michel

zouleo
"for phones, are you saying you want users to be able to scroll through the text of articles more easily (so like ignoring sidebars for example)?" Exactly what I want

zouleo
I also need information about what I should choose: Full width design framework, Full width design with canvas or Fixed width. Which one is best for mobile devices?

Danny
This may just be me, but I actually prefer to have the site's look at the same on my phone, ipad, tablet, as it looks on my Mac or PC. I actually don't like it when sites change their look to suit mobile users, to me it doesn't feel like the same site when this is done.

Please search our forums, before posting!

zouleo
Danny, that's what I want. The same look. Look at my first post :)

Danny
@Zouleo, I just use Platform on my site and view as normal on my phone, yeah I have to zoom in double tapping the screen to view sections, but it works for me.

Please search our forums, before posting!

zouleo
I wish that the theme was responsive