Sign in to follow this  
hugobs

multilanguage plugins: which one is the best?

hugobs

hi, we would like to make our webspace multilingual: English, French, Spanish. this would imply that all posts, pages, categories, widgets, etc. should switch to the language chosen when clicking on the appropriate flag/language. we have the capacity to deal with the translation of all the data (the idea is not to have automatic translations such as google translate or babylon). we saw that there was a bunch of plugins that would turn our webspace into a multilingual one: qtranslate, xlanguage, wpml, polyglot, etc. my questions are: - does the whitehouse theme support multilanguage development/plugins? - which is the best plugin to use with the whitehouse theme? (i saw that some plugins were quite "intrusive" and/or led to a number of incompatibilities with other ones). many thanks in advance! hugo

cmunns

Hugo, It's hard for me to say which ones work best since we personally haven't translated or used plug-ins for that purpose. Generally speaking the best plug-ins are ones that are updated, have documentation/support so that they themselves can continue to improve.

hugobs

hi, thanks a lot for the reply. after some reading, it seems that xlanguage could be the solution. has anybody tested this plugin already? feedbacks/live links would be useful. many thanks in advance, hugo.

bryan-hadaway

I don't know how good xLanguage is, but it is apparently the best available plugin for what you're looking for. Please use caution in activating this plugin, it has not been updated in some time. Thanks, Bryan