Sign in to follow this  
asuydam

Couple questions on main nav and secondary nav

asuydam

Hello, On my website extremefitnessproducts.net/products/p90x/ I am trying to, 1) Change the colors of both nav bars, but haven't firmly decided on a color because I see how they look yet 2) Center the secondary nav bar in the global width Here is the base.css code

/* ============================== */
	/* = Start Your Custom CSS Here = */
	/* ============================== */
	img.mainlogo-img {margin-left:-15px;}
	#nav_row {color: #999 !important; font-size: 13px; z-index: 9999 !important;}
	#secondnav {color: #999 !important; font-size: 12px;}

Thanks! Aaron

catrina
Please add the following CSS below the CSS you already have: [code]ul#menu-nav li.menu-item a {color: #TEXTCOLOR; background-color: #BACKCOLOR;} /* Changes color for the primary bar */ ul#secondnav_menu li.menu-item a {color: #TEXTCOLOR; background-color: #BACKCOLOR; margin-left: 130px;} /* Changes color for the secondary bar */[/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

asuydam
Hey catrina, [code] /* ============================== */ /* = Start Your Custom CSS Here = */ /* ============================== */ img.mainlogo-img {margin-left:-15px;} #nav_row {color: #000000 !important; font-size: 13px; z-index: 9999 !important;} #secondnav {color: #000000 !important; font-size: 12px;} ul#menu-nav li.menu-item a {color: #000000; background-color: #999999;} ul#secondnav_menu li.menu-item a {color: #000000; background-color: #999999; margin-left: 130px;} [/code] No change

catrina
Try this one instead: [code]ul#menu-nav li.page_item a {color: #000000; background-color: #999999;} ul#menu-p90x-home-2 li.menu-item a {color: #000000; background-color: #999999; margin-left: 130px;}[/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

asuydam
Another thing, does it matter that I have that page set up as a custom page with options being turned on as so 1)Secondary nav 2)Content area

asuydam
Well, that new code changed things, but not how I want it :)

catrina
Please replace the code I just gave you with: [code]ul#menu-nav li.page_item a {color: #000000; background-color: #999999;} ul#menu-nav li.page_item a:hover {color: #TEXTCOLOR; background-color: #BACKCOLOR;} /* This changes hover color for primary navigation */ ul#menu-p90x-home-2 {margin-left: 130px;} ul#menu-p90x-home-2 li.menu-item a {color: #000000; background-color: #999999;} ul#menu-p90x-home-2 li.menu-item a:hover {color: #000000; background-color: #999999;} /* This changes hover color for secondary navigation */[/code]

Designer | Catrina Dulay

asuydam
Nice, it is looking much better! I'll play around with the colors to try and find something that "pops" It didn't seem to move however. I think I'll end up moving the top one also since it would look weird now if just the bottom one was.