Sign in to follow this  
flourishdesignstudio

Flash of unstyled theme on page load

flourishdesignstudio

Hi there! When I am working on the design of my site, I sometimes see a quick flash of the Platform Pro default styles before my page loads. What can I do to prevent this from happening? http://www.moosewoodcooks.com

kastelic
Hi, I have marked for developer attention.

flourishdesignstudio
Thank you! Please let me know if there is something I can to make it go away!

Rob
Hi, before we start, I should advise that I'm a restaurant consultant, so you've got my attention and sympathies. I looked at your site. I don't see any flash of Platform, but I do see it's loading Very, VERY slowly. While I advocate the slow cooking movement, I don't advocate slow websites. Something in your site is taking a very long time to load. It is likely a plugin that has piled up a huge amount of data in your database. Alternatively, your site might just need to be reloaded on the server (I don't mean reinstalled)... I mean Apache and other services restarted. Now most hosting companies allow you to do this via PLESK or cPanel. But despite that liberality, I'm too cautious to trust myself - you know.. sometimes it's best to let the chef make the delicate sauces - I prefer to have the hosting company do it and monitor the site load before and after. They recently found my site was being used by hackers to route transactions. Slowed me down to a crawl. We found the problem through the host monitoring it and now my site loads much faster. If you're seeing anything other thank blank space, that... I think... is simply how your browser is handling the slow load.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur