Sign in to follow this  
kajakroute

Multi-language

kajakroute

When I bought the Pro version I forgot to check if it support multi-language set-ups. As multi-language (WPML) works with most plugins etc. I really wasn't aware it might not. It might be able to handle so, but I could not find any info on how to make it work. My bad, I know. So as I just blew away a lot of money I was hoping there is still something I can do about it. Examples: Carousel: if I add this it shows all the posts also the translations. Banners/Boxes/Features: there is no option for multilanguages as well.

kajakroute
Hi Catrina, You mean WPML, yes it allready was in place when I installed PlatformPro... Or are your refering to some other plugin?

kajakroute
I figured out that by setting features to the post page instead of the default I can work around this. So on the posts pages features are displayed with only the features of that language. However would be nice to have it on every page depending on language. I also guess it would be nice to have style options for features (and alike) in the features map. It was a bit of a hassle to get the css decent and still need some works.

Rob
There is a solution... a bit complicated... but workable. 1. You'll need a plugin that detects the visitors browser language preferences and redirects to other pages. 2. You need to create pages for each language you expect to have visiting your site. 3. You create a new feature slider with a different name than default_feature. All the same images, just put manually translate the language into this one. 4. Add that feature slider set to your page. So, if you have a visitor from Spain, he might be redirected to a Spanish language page, with the Spanish slider, and instead of seeing "Hello" he'd see "Hola" (an example). This solution is fine if you get visitors from one or two foreign language countries, but if your site is broadly international, it could be time consuming.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

antonella
I do have WPML and have been using it for a number of years. It's very disappointing that features, banners and boxes are not translateable neither through the string translation nor through the file toggle button. This means that for a site with 4 languages I have to create 4 banners for each one. Very time-consuming, as a large portion of my site is built around pages with banners as list items... (for example, one banner for each teacher or course). @kastelic, as you mentioned above, any updates on development for this?